Friday 20 April 2007

Purple Carpet


Zainal told me his wife said I should go take some photos of the carpet of purple flowers (Jambul Merak) near the USM Tadika (kindergarten) because it reminded her of their overseas stay. So, what could I do but oblige.

The above picture was taken near the Tadika. I think I counted 6 or 7 of these trees along that stretch of road. There are also a couple of these right at the entrance to my office at the Corporate and Sustainable Development Division but they are sickly and being attacked by parasitic plants. Got to tell them to do something about it. That's a big problem in campus. It seems that bird droppings are the conveyor of these parasites and seems to propagate better in certain species of trees.

Oh, along the way I bummed into these kids rehearsing for their sports day on the 28 April 2007. Cute, aren't they.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.